Estate planning involves identifying your assets, identifying any potential risks that need to be accommodated for in the event of death or incapacitation, and working with your lawyer to create or update a flexible plan tailored to your circumstances.
Taking time to make an effective and legally binding Will can save your family any stress, heartache and expense involved in the event of your passing, and minimise the chance that your Will is contested and subjected to litigation.
In the unfortunate event of the death of a loved one, our dedicated estates team will work tirelessly with the Executor or Administrator of the estate to ensure that the estate is administered in accordance with their last wishes.
We have expertise in creating Wills, trust, foundations, Powers of Attorney and other wealth preservation vehicles, including setting up testamentary trusts.
Our firm boasts an understanding of issues that may affect your estate planning, and can advise you in relation to making appropriate arrangements for your family.
• We acted for individual clients and Companies in the settting-up and operationalisation of many private trusts on behalf of individuals, advising on various matters, including perpetuities and accumulations, tax implications, treasury management, trustee powers, beneficiary facilitation and the restructuring of a holding company and its subsidiaries.
• Providing tax advice for a wide variety of families and the trustees of family trusts
• We have taken instruction and prepared all manner of testamentary instruments like Wills and Codicils to Wills on behalf of several of our clients.
• Our firm have advised and represented trustees under a private trust created to manage a portfolio of investments, in court proceedings seeking their removal.
• We have advised and represented clients in the probate/succession process, ranging from applications for grant of probate to confirmation of grants and distribution of the estate in