Private Client Work: Estate Administration and Trust
Estate planning involves identifying your assets, identifying any potential risks that need to be accommodated for in the event of death or incapacitation, and working with your lawyer to create or update a flexible plan tailored to your circumstances.
Taking time to make an effective and legally binding Will can save your family any stress, heartache and expense involved in the event of your passing, and minimise the chance that your Will is contested and subjected to litigation. In the unfortunate event of the death of a loved one, our dedicated estates team will work tirelessly with the Executor or Administrator of the estate to ensure that the estate is administered in accordance with their last wishes.
Profile Services Representative Transactions
We have expertise in creating Wills, trust, foundations, Powers of Attorney and other wealth preservation vehicles, including setting up testamentary trusts. Our firm boasts an understanding of issues that may affect your estate planning, and can advise you in relation to making appropriate arrangements for your family.
Our firm will be able to advise and offer legal services on the following:
- Drafting of wills and other testamentary instruments, gifts, bequests among others;
- Obtaining a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration (where there is no Will) from the Courts;
- Obtaining a Grant of Reseal when a Grant has already been obtained in another State or Territory;
- Preparing any documentation required to obtain consents or indemnities from beneficiaries;
- Transferring real estate to the appropriate beneficiaries;
- Realising and releasing all assets in accordance with the Will.
- Bringing and defending family provision claims, and as such are able to provide an objective viewpoint as to your rights and the prospects of success.
- We acted for individual clients and Companies in the settting-up and operationalisation of many private trusts on behalf of individuals, advising on various matters, including perpetuities and accumulations, tax implications, treasury management, trustee powers, beneficiary facilitation and the restructuring of a holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Providing tax advice for a wide variety of families and the trustees of family trusts
- We have taken instruction and prepared all manner of testamentary instruments like Wills and Codicils to Wills on behalf of several of our clients.
- Our firm has advised and represented trustees under a private trust created to manage a portfolio of investments, in court proceedings seeking their removal.
- We have advised and represented clients in the probate/succession process, ranging from applications for grant of probate to confirmation of grants and distribution of the estate.